The numbers are powerful…
- $709.2 billion: restaurant industry sales projected this year
- 14 million: people expected to be employed in the restaurant industry this year alone (translates to about one in 10 working Americans)
- Nine in 10: Americans say they enjoy dining out
- 7 million: restaurant industry jobs expected to emerge over the next decade (with employment reaching approx 15.7 million by 2025)
- 16 years (& counting): years the restaurant industry has outpaced other U.S. industries in job growth
The NRA’s 2015 Restaurant Industry Forecast is an overall look at the U.S. restaurant industry, segmented into six comprehensive topic sections: sales and economic forecast, workforce outlook and trends, as well as table service, limited-service, technology, and food/menu trends.
As the report also demonstrates, more than nine in 10 restaurants have fewer than 50 employees and more than seven in 10 restaurants are single-unit operations.
Therefore, now more than ever before, utilizing this kind of industry data is a powerful tool in gauging the industry’s due course for not only the big restaurant enterprises, but also for the smaller, local, independent restaurants that strive for success and growth in their own right.